Duvet covers offer versatility and comfort and are an excellent option for your bedding set. However, getting duvet covers on can sometimes appear tricky. Avoid frustrations with your duvet cover! Let us guide you through the easiest methods of getting that duvet cover on so you can enjoy your beautiful bedding.
Both duvet covers and comforters are going to be the top layer of your bedding, but which one is the right one for you? Two separate pieces make up a duvet--the duvet and the duvet cover. Typically made of breathable cotton, cotton duvet covers come in a wide variety of colors, patterns, and options--similar to a comforter.
Comforters are one-piece covers produced in a variety of patterns and colors. Often comforters even come in sets that include coordinating pillow shams, pillowcases, and sheets.
While a duvet cover has a fluffy duvet insert, a comforter is full of stuffing, typically wool, down, or down alternative.
Selecting a duvet cover over a comforter comes down to personal preference. Before you decide, here are some advantages (and a few disadvantages) you should consider when purchasing your bedding.
The upside to duvet covers are:
The main downside to your duvet? They may appear challenging to get inside your duvet cover. But, we have got your back! With a few simple steps, you will easily be able to assemble and disassemble your duvet sets.
At SouthShore Fine Linens, our duvet covers have corner ties that make it easy to keep your duvet inside and in place.
One of the most common methods for getting your duvets properly in place is the traditional method. Follow these steps carefully when inserting your duvet into your duvet cover.
1. First, lay your duvet over your bed. This is the insert piece that you will place the cover over.
2. Next, with the cover inside-out, lay it directly on top of the duvet. You will want to make sure that the opening is at the bottom of the bed.
3. Find the corner ties inside your duvet cover and tie them to the loops on your duvet. If your duvet lacks loops, simply tie the ties tightly around the corners.
4. Go to the bottom of the bed. Work your arms up the duvet cover towards the top corners. Pair each cover corner with the duvet’s top corners. Flip the cover right side out over the top corners of the duvet.
5. Now, slide the duvet cover down and over the rest of the duvet, holding the duvet cover in place as you go. Tie the bottom corner ties and close the bottom portion of the duvet.
6. Straighten and fluff out the duvet by holding onto the corners and edges until the duvet is distributed evenly across the bed.
Need a different option? Maybe the traditional method isn’t quite your style. That’s okay! Thank goodness there are multiple ways to wrangle that duvet into your cover. And while this method may seem a bit tricky at first, it is definitely more fun and may (in the end) be easier for you.
Follow these instructions to get your duvet into your duvet cover.
First, lay your duvet cover over your bed, inside out, with the opening at the base of the bed.
1. Next, lay the duvet on top of the duvet cover. If your duvet and cover have loops, now is the time to tie them together. Again, if you have no loops, simply tie around the corner of the duvet.
2. Start at the top of the bed. Roll the duvet with the duvet cover up together towards the bottom of the bed.
3. Once at the bottom of the bed, take the opening of the duvet cover and pull it right side out and around the roll.
4. Lastly, you will unroll the covered duvet by pinching at the closure and bottom edge while gently pulling the roll apart. Straighten and shake out the duvet cover as you go. Smooth and fluff until the duvet covers your bed.
Which method do you feel works best for you? If reading the steps is challenging, check out a YouTube tutorial to see how the steps play out in real-time. SouthShore Fine Linens has a wide variety of soft and supple duvet options just waiting for you, especially if you are looking for cotton bedding.
Make the switch to a duvet or invest in multiple duvet covers that will keep your bedding and spaces fresh. We designed our signature soft fabric for our cotton duvet sets to give you the best night’s sleep! With easy-to-use corner ties and zipper enclosure---the perfect duvet cover set for your bed!
Your dorm will be your home throughout your time in college, and it’s incredibly important to make it feel as comfortable as possible. It will be your space to relax and recharge after a long day, a place to do your schoolwork, and likely a spot to socialize as well.
Read on for our curated list of the best bedding and bath essentials that every college student must have in their dorm in 2022.